Increase productivity and profitability of the sugar industry through improving efficiency of sugarcane and its co-products processing and diversifying the industry with value-added products while minimizing adverse effects on the environment.
Our services run deep and are backed by over thirty years of experience.
- Reduction of post-harvest losses of sugarcane.
- Improvement of processing efficiencies of sugar mills and distilleries.
- Development of yeast strains with genetically-improved characteristics for efficient fermentation of sugarcane molasses into ethanol.
- Production of sugarcane juice-based beverages and other products.
- Improvement of quality of sugarcane jaggery and syrup.
- Diversification of utilisation of sugar industry co-products.
- Recommendations for minimizing scale formation in sugar factory evaporators.
- Recommendations to increase efficiency of cyclonic spray scrubber in the sugar drying system.
- Isolation of two superior yeast strains, SL-SRI-C-102 and SL-SRI-C-111.
- Production of cattle feed and mushroom from sugarcane industry co-products.