Sustainable increase of productivity and profitability of the sugar industry by improving its economic aspects, and efficiency of sugarcane research.
Our services run deep and are backed by over thirty years of experience.
- Economic assessment of new technologies developed by the institute
- Assessment of productivity and profitability of sugarcane cultivation and processing of sugarcane and its co-products
- Economic assessment of policies related to sugar industry and provision of policy guidelines for the development of the sugar industry
- Assessment of adaptability of new of sugarcane varieties
- Analysis of climatic changes of sugarcane-growing areas in Sri Lanka
- Economic assessment of cultivation of new varieties, lateral shoot multiplication technique, inter-cropping under sugarcane, production of sugarcane vinegar, juice, mushroom, and animal feed
- Economic assessment of the sugarcane cultivation in Sevanagala, Pelwatte and Hingurana
- Assessment of productivity and profitability of sugarcane cultivation as compared with other crops in sugarcane-growing areas
- Economic assessment of jaggery and syrup production in Moneragala and Badulla districts
- Identification of factors that caused shifting of sugarcane farmers from sugarcane to other crops at Sevanagala
- Development of a cane pricing formula for the local sugar industry
- Development of an ex-factory sugar pricing formula for Sri Lanka
- Development of an approach for determining optimal replanting cycle for Sri Lankan sugar industry
- Analysis of the impact of macro economic policies on the sugar sector of Sri Lanka and provison of guidelines for sugar sector policy formulation
- Determination of a sampling method to estimate quality parameters of the harvested sugarcane transported to the factory
- Analysis of the characteristics of the rainfall in relation to sugarcane cultivation in Sevanagala
- Identification of temporal trends of climatic variables in Sevanagala and Pelwatte sugar mill areas
- Assessment of varietal adaptability of commercial sugarcane varieties
- Design of experiments.
- Data analysis, interpretation and making inferences.
- Designing and updating of SRI website.
- Supporting for productive use of information technology.